The name, which does not require any introduction. It’s enough and soul-satisfying in its own kind. Mythology interests me and learning about Krishna and his pastimes, falls in my special interests.
The most happening part is to relate His words, His teachings, His prophecy to our current time.. and the joy which I achieve in connecting the dots and realising the true essence of His words, cannot be described with the help of words.. Words are at times not enough!
So, today I’ll share some of my dots which I had found connected related to Krishna..
1. Krishna had prime 8 gopis.. they were found to be very close to Radha and Krishna.
(Lalita, Vishakha, Campakalata, Citra, Tungavidya, Indulekha, Rangadevi and Sudevi)
2. Krishna was the 8th avatar of Lord Vishnu.
3. Krishna was the 8th child to Devaki and Vasudev (and yes, as per the Akashvani’s prophecy too!)
4. Krishna lived up to the age of 125 years!! (1+2+5 =8).. I was amazed by this calculation!!
5. According to Sreemad Bhagvadmahapuran, Krishna was born on the 8th day of Krishna Paksha.
6. 16,100 gopis were rescued by Krishna from Narakasura, who were later, all married to Krishna! (1+6+1+0+0 = 8)
7. Krishna, in Bhagvad Geeta, had said in the 4th adhyaye (chapter) 8th shloka
“Paritranaya Sadhoonaam Vinashaycha Dushkritaam Dharma Samsthapanarthaya Sambhavaami Yuge Yuge.” which means in English “For the protection of the righteous, for the destruction of wicked and for the establishment of Dharma, I am born in every age.”
If you know more connections related to Krishna and number 8, feel free to share through comments.. because :
” Hari Anant, Hari-katha Anant ”
” Krishna is infinite, Krishna’s stories are also infinite “
Source :- Bhagavad Maha Purana